Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life As I Know It

I believe I am maturing at my certain age and grade (15 years and 10th). We start realizing who our real friends are and where they stand in our lives.  This is the point in our lives where we realize where we are and where we can possibly go. That is exactly how I am feeling right now. I feel my patience growing thin with the childish people I have to attend school with. I ask myself questions like, why am I here. Where is this taking me?
I have also realized how bad of a dad my father really is like he called me yesterday and asked me why I applied for a job. He told me that I did not need to work because he gave my mother the child support money and I kept thinking in my head: we would not be in this predicament if you did not mess up. All I told him was that I want my own money to spend so I don’t have to rely on child support money and my mother’s money. I want to be better than where I am and I want to prove to the people who doubted me doing what I want to do in the near future. I have really grown tired of it all. I don't want to live a mediocre life.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you. I'm in the stage of life where i am beginning to figure out who i am and who i want to surround myself with to succeed i life. Many things i didn't pay attention to when i was younger are presenting themselves now and it's a little challenging to deal with, but i know it'll get better just like it will for you. Life doesn't give you things you can't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jasmine. Anthony, it is OK to have these feelings. Maturity brings about many different understandings that you might not have realized when you were younger. Just remember, don't get bogged down with trying to make everything "perfect". Live the best life you can live today. When you become an adult, you will still see immature people in your daily interactions, however, you can separate yourself from the foolery by continuing to do the right thing.

    Also, from experience, your personal life will improve. We all go through things that seem hard, and sometimes we don't understand the actions of others, but just know, it gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Jasmin and Ms. Martin. (:

    ReplyDelete